Frequently Asked Questions
General questions about our company, service, and properties we offer on this website:
- How do Rent to Own Homes work in [market city]?
- What is the local Rent to Own process?
- How Does The Monthly Rent Work With A Oklahoma City Metro Rent To Own House?
- What if I have bad credit? Can I still get a home?
- Is there a required down payment?
- What are the benefits of buying Rent to Own?
- What are the requirements of a Rent to Own arrangement?
- I love the house and I’m ready to move in. What do I do next?
- I’m a cash buyer. Can I still buy a property from you?
How Do Rent To Own Homes Work In Oklahoma City Metro?
One of the first questions we get from potential tenant buyers of our local Oklahoma City Metro OK rent to own homes / lease option homes is “how do rent to own homes work in Oklahoma City Metro?”
With a flooded real estate market, especially since the bubble burst of the mid-2000’s, rent-to-own homes have become a popular option for people who are deciding whether to purchase or rent a home.
Renting to own offers advantages to both buyers and sellers.
For the seller, they have steady income to make steady mortgage payments, while the seller has a period, typically a year or two to organize his or her finances and secure financing to buy the house.
The Local Rent To Own House Process
Renting a home to own a house is a relatively straightforward process, though many people are confused.
A common misconception is that the renter can live in the home and pay rent over a period of 15, 20, or 30 years, then own the home. It’s slightly more complicated that that.
But here are the basic elements of a rent to own agreement.
• The buyer and seller draw up an agreement, covering all terms of a rent-to-own agreement.
• This contract will state the monthly rent, and a set period of time.
• The renter will have the option to purchase the home at an agreed upon price at the expiration of the agreed upon time period.
How Does The Monthly Rent Work With A Oklahoma City Metro Rent To Own House?
Really it depends on the location of the house (there may be different laws that dictate what you can do in different states) and any new federal guidelines that may come out that may limit what the property owner of the rent to own house may do.
But the standard guidelines of a rent to own house are pretty simple.
- You agree on a rental rate and a future purchase price upon the end of the rental lease sometime in the future (usually 1-2 years).
- You first pay an upfront payment to move in and secure the contract and the terms with the option to buy. The “option fee” or “move in amount” may in some cases act as a percentage of the down payment on the home, should the renter decide to purchase at the end of the term. This may or may not be the case depending on when and where you’re reading the article (based on laws). Connect with us directly for the local Oklahoma City Metro OK Rent to Own laws.
- You pay the monthly rent payment. This is no different from paying rent in any normal rental situation.
- At the end of the rent to own agreement (usually 1 – 3 years) you decide if you want to purchase the home for the price you agreed on initially in your rent to own agreement. If you want to buy the home, great! We can assist you in getting qualified for a conventional loan to buy the home. If you don’t want to buy the home, no biggie. You’re not required to buy the home at the end of a rent to own agreement in Oklahoma City Metro… the choice is fully yours.
So, for the question of “how do rent to own homes work in Oklahoma City Metro“… well that’s the basic process.
While there are lots of benefits of renting to own a home here locally… every housing option has pros and cons.
Just do your research, talk with reputable and experienced companies like OwnerFinanceOKC.com who can walk you through the local Oklahoma City Metro rent to own house process… and make the smart financial decision for you and your family.
Many people choosing rent-to-own may have past credit problems, or may just be unsure if purchasing a home is right for them. If that’s you and you want to look into the rent to own process and even see the available rent to own / lease option houses here in Oklahoma City Metro OK, click the link below and fill out your basic info to get on our Oklahoma City Metro rent to own home list.
In an era of uncertainty in the real estate market, many Americans are finding that rent-to-own homes provide them with both flexibility, and the option of purchasing a home at the end of the term. By understanding how rent-to-own homes work, you can position yourself to take advantage of the many benefits of renting to own, and realize the American dream, despite past credit problems.
Sign up below to see our latest Rent-to-own homes!
What is the Rent-to-Own process?
The owner financing process is actually pretty simple.
Once you’ve seen one of our fantastic properties, we’ll give you an application to fill out. Don’t worry – we help people with all kinds of credit and financial situations, and if you can afford the property, we can probably help you to own it.
You will need a certain amount of a down payment in household monthly income, usually around 5%, and we need to verify that you have the ability to make the monthly payments. We do this for your protection so we know you will be able to afford the home you want.
That’s the process!
First step – sign up to find great properties around the Oklahoma City Metro just by filling out the form.
You’ll get immediate access to great Oklahoma City Metro homes, plus a whole lot more.
Sign up and get started now!
What if I have bad credit? Can I still get a home?
Yes you can! Many people with bad credit can still buy a home without a bank.
Every situation is different, but we specialize in helping people who have been through tough circumstances (or just made mistakes in the past) to get started on the path to a great financial future and home ownership.
So fill out the form at the bottom of this page now and get your piece of the American dream!
What are the benefits of buying Rent-to-Own?
There are a lot of benefits!
In the Oklahoma City Metro area, lots of smart people are using owner financing as a way to get the home of their dreams without having to first qualify for a bank loan. When you move into one of our houses, you’re able to start paying toward the purchase price, even though you didn’t get a bank loan. Part of your monthly rent payment will go toward the purchase amount so that when you do finally decide to buy, you’ve been getting credit for your payments all along.
In the past few years, banks have been very tight on their lending criteria.
So don’t wait! Get started now by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
Is there a required down payment?
Yes but we can be very flexible.
Our Oklahoma City Metro homes range in price, and typically require a down payment of $3,000 to $10,000. We have found that this is the best price range to find homes that are in decent neighborhoods where people want to own a home and raise a family.
So don’t wait! Get started now by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
What are the requirements of a Rent-to-Own arrangement?
We know that every person, family and situation is different.
We do our best to help you uncover creative solutions to help you own the home of your dreams.
Once you’ve had a chance to check out the house, you’ll fill out a application that will include detailed information on everyone living in the home.
We’ll conduct a credit check and verify the income(s) for everyone over 18 who is living in your household to confirm that you’ll be able to make your monthly payment.
We’ll speak with your references and previous landlords, because relationships matter to us more than just scores assigned by a computer.
We love helping great folks to reach their dreams, so don’t be afraid – check out the available properties here.
I love the house and I’m ready to move in. What do I do next?
Fill out the following applications, and email it to us, and we’ll get things going!
The person or people who will be on the loan will need to fill out a this application
Seller Finance Full Application
Any person who is 18 or older, but will NOT be on the loan will need to fill out this application instead.
Seller Finance Resident Only Application
I’m a cash buyer. Can I still buy a property from you?
Definitely. Our prices are often flexible for cash buyers, so feel free to give us a call. You can also check out wholesale deals for cash buyers here.